First things first, happy new year to all, hopefully it will be a good one for everyone reading. I’m not generally one for predictions but this seems like as good an opportunity as any to make a few that will no doubt make for some amusing reading later in the year!
- Stephen Hendry to fall out of the top 16 at the end of the 2010/11 season.
- Mark Williams to regain the world number one spot at the end of the 2010/11 season.
- Mark Allen to win a ranking event title.
- If hosted, England to win a revived World Cup of snooker, defeating Wales in the final.
- Michael Judge, Paul Davies, Ian McCulloch, David Gilbert, Stuart Pettman and Jimmy Michie to finish outside of the top 64 after the Crucible though a couple to survive via the Q School.
- Belgian prodigy Luca Brecel to turn professional and be qualifying for events in front of TV cameras before the end of the year.
- Stephen Lee, Martin Gould and Matthew Stevens to make it into the top 16 at some point.
- Stephen Maguire to complete a return to form with an appearance in a major final.
- Mark Selby to win the 2011 World Championship
- Ronnie O’Sullivan to win the 2011 Masters.
What are your predictions for 2011?