The 2012 European Under 21 Championship is breaking all previous records for the event.
A record breaking 76 players participated from 26 countries, which was also the highest ever representation by EBSA Member Countries…
As the Groups concluded today, for the first time ever twenty countries achieved a place in the Knock Out Draw.
The host country Bulgaria was delighted to see five of their players win a place in the Draw.
After an amazing 192 matches in little over two days, the Groups concluded and the Seedings for the Knock Out were established as follows.
1. Joel Walker, Age 17, England
2. Eden Sharav, Age 19, Scotland
3. Elliot Slessor, Age 17, England
4. Shane Castle, Age 14, England
5. Jamie Clarke, Age 17, Wales
6. Michael Leslie, Age 19, Scotland
7. Maor Shalom, Age 15, Israel
8. Scott Donaldson, Age 17, Scotland
9. Michal Zielinski, Age 19, Poland
10. Sam Harvery, Age 18, England
11. Grzegorz Biernadski, Age 18, Poland
12. Dale Lawrence, Age 20, Wales
BEST FOUR NUMBER 2 IN GROUP
13. Matthew Calleja, Age 19, Malta
14. Ryan Cronin, Age 18, Ireland
15. Ross Muir, Age 16, Scotland
16. Brian Cini, Age 15, Malta
Fourteen year old Shane Castle was the youngest player to win his group and secured the number four spot in the seedings.
England, Scotland and Wales were joined by Poland as the dominant countries with all their players qualifying for the knock out draw.
The Last 48 and Last 32 take place during Thursday. the Last 16, Quarter Finals and Semi Finals are played on Friday, with the Best of 11 frame final on Saturday.
The winner of this year’s Championship will be nominated for a place on the 2012-13 World Snooker Main tour.
Full Information, Draws, Live Scoring and Live Streaming at www.ebsa.tv and www.ensooker.pl