First things first, happy new year to everyone reading this blog. As was the case last year, I am going to begin the year with a few fun predictions. Looking back at 2012, I had a few near-misses with my tips, though I was correct with my prediction of the introduction of a money-based ranking list, as well as a maiden ranking event success for Mark Allen…
My 10 predictions for 2013:
- Mark Selby to end the 2012/13 season as the world number one, but Neil Robertson to end the calendar year ranked number one.
- John Higgins to win a fifth world title at the Crucible.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan to return to professional snooker before the end of the year.
- There to be a major overhaul of the calendar, including a reduction in UKPTC events.
- ITV to increase their involvement in snooker, beyond Power Snooker.
- A change to the format of the World Championship for 2014 to be announced.
- Mark Davis to break into the world’s top 10.
- Jack Lisowski to break into the world’s top 32 and to win a professional tournament.
- Professional snooker to return to India.
- Neil Robertson to successfully defend his Masters title.
Time will tell as to how many will come true, unfortunately the comments section of the blog is still out of order at the moment, so please feel free to give me your predictions via Twitter @prosnookerblog